Friday, October 15, 2010

Cartoon-Live Action Pic


First and foremost, that's not me in the photo, but the person who commissioned me to create the piece. This is a first time for me doing this type of drawing. Sadly, this is not from an upcoming feature (though, I wish it was), but it's something I want to do more often. The real challenge is blending the colors in and adding shadows that require touching up the photo itself. Also, the original photo was darker, so I brightened it up and added a tad of color saturation to match the coyote. I also learned that by adding a slight noise filter, the character will further blend in with the photo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny D said...

This looks great, I really like it! You did an excellent job of blending the 2D character into the photo. Looks like it was a lot of fun to do too :D

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home